Personal Care Aide, Caregiver
Dayton, Troy, Springfield Areas
-For Employment Inquires call: (937)387-6733
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and/or ambulation.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities by being able to give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Strong social perceptiveness by being away of others’ reactions and understanding why they may react as they do.
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
- Must be able to work a 25 mile radius from where you live.
- Client home setting and automobile.
- Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands:
- The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, reach, kneel, and crouch.
- Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of any stated mandated training.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.