Under the general supervision of the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling all administrative duties and necessary support for office staff. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate communication with caregivers, greet all visitors, track monthly training completions, and assist with overall office organization. The Administrative Assistant should also monitor supplies and reorder as needed, oversee mail management, and provide orientation support as needed.
- Answers incoming phone calls, and assists individuals with their requests or directs them to appropriate office staff.
- Greets visitors, determines the nature of their business and directs them to the proper destination.
- Assist with filing duties and a variety of other clerical duties as necessary for the smooth operations of the office.
- Creates memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
- Tracking of monthly training completions, and correspondence with Caregivers to get missing trainings completed.
- Collects and distributes mail and messages.
- Inventories, orders, organizes, and stores office supplies.
- Monitors and replenishes all forms when needed.
- Ensures organization of office.
- Participates in Recruiting process.
- Assist with orientation as needed.
- Act as a back-up caregiver if needed.
- Assist with the scheduling when needed.
- Other duties as needed or directed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Office environment; May require travel in personal or company vehicle to run errands.
Opportunities for 401K, Vacation, and PTO.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as positive professional, business image.
- Proficiency of work processing and computer skills [Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Clear Care].
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness to embrace the mission and vision of Comfort Keepers, Inc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently in a close knit, team-oriented setting.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and poise dealing with staff, prospects and referral sources.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening /communication skills.
- Effective written skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Time management abilities; excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting of files, records and supplies typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone requires vision and hearing abilities. May be required to provide services to clients, so must meet up to 25-pound lifting requirement.